A step by step guide to connecting Emetry with Mailchimp platform via Zapier.
With the Emetry Mailchimp connection, you never have to worry if your data is current because it automatically updates whenever a customer changes status. Having Emetry insights automatically pushed into your Mailchimp account enables you to easily power targeted and automated campaigns in Mailchimp without manually exporting and importing any files.
Setting up your Zapier Integration
Create Mailchimp fields > Build Zap > Build Automations in Mailchimp
Create Fields in Mailchimp to write Emetry Data to
- Login into your Mailchimp account
- From the audience dashboard, click on the "Manage Audience" dropdown and select "Settings"
- Scroll down and click "Audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags"
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Add a Feild"
- Select "Drop Down" or "Text" for your field type ("Drop Down" is only recommended for fields with a fixed selection of answers and will make creating segments for these fields simpler.)
- Name your field "Emetry Customer Segment" and click "Save" (If you selected "Drop Down" as your field type enter each veriable in the fields - "Top Performer", "Consistent Buyers", "Casual Buyers", and "Spectators" )
- Repeat steps 4-6 for the following fields
- "Emetry Club Attrition" (e.g. Endangered, Vulnerable, Content)
- "Emetry Risk Class" (e.g. rising, declining, stable)
- "Emetry Dødsing Point" (This is a date-based field, select "date" for the field type)
- Add fields for any other data you want to sync (e.g. "Last Order Channel") View the complete list of fields available in Zapier and their definitions. For date-based fields select the "Date" field type. Building the Zap
Connect the Webhooks by Zapier App
- Login into your Zapier Account
- Click "Make a Zap"
- Name your Zap "Emetry <> Mailchimp Zap"
- Search for the app "Webhooks by Zapier", click on the app
- Select "Catch Hook" and click continue
- Click "Copy" on the Custom Webhook URL
- Navigate to Emetry and log in
- Go to "Webhook Admin" and click on the plus sign (Learn more about setting up webhooks)
- Name your zap, paste in the copied URL, and toggle the event(s) you would like Zapier to receive, in this case, toggle all the events so they are pink and click "save".
- Navigate back to your Zapier window
- Click "Continue"
- Click "Test trigger"
- Review the found data, and click continue (if no data is found wait a minute and try again if it still fails, check to make sure you input the URL correctly in the Emetry interface)
Add a Delay Step
- Search for the app "Delay by Zapier"
- Under "Action Event", select "Delay After Queue"
- Click Continue
- Customize your delay time
- Name your delay (just "delay with work")
- Enter "1" under the "Time Delayed For (value)"
- Select "minutes" for "Time Delayed For (unit)"
- Click "Continue"
- Click "Test & Continue"
Connect the Mailchimp App
- Search for the app "Mailchimp", click on the app
- Select "Add/Update Subscriber", then click "Continue"
- Sign in to Mailchimp and authorize Zapier
- Choose the Mailchimp account you want to connect and click "Continue"
- Customize the Data you sync (These are our recommended fields but you can pick and choose what you implement based on other connections you may have in place)
- Select the audience you want to connect and then insert data into the following fields
- "Subscriber Email" > "Data Email"
- "First Name" > "Data First Name" (optional)
- "Last Name" > "Data Last Name" (optional)
- Address Block > Corresponding address fields ( If you use the Mailchimp address block (recommended by Mailchimp) rather than individual fields all address fields must be populated or the Zap will fail.)
- "Emetry Customer Segment" > "Data Segment"
- "Emetry Club Attrition" > "Data Club Attrition Class"
- "Emetry Risk Class" > "Data Risk Class"
- "Emetry Dødsing Point" > "Data Dødsing Intervention Date"
- Once you've inserted all desired data fields click "Test and Continue"
- If your "Test was successful" review the field values and click "Turn on Zap"
Once the Zap has been turned on data will sync for a customer when there is a qualifying event. Qualifying events are any change in customer segment, risk class, member attrition probability score, or when the customer is in the Dødsing window.
Once you have Emetry data syncing to Mailchimp you can power Mailchimp automation like:
Customer Journey: Map out a marketing journey that delivers a unique experience to each of your contacts based on their Emetry customer segment or any Emetry field.
Transactional Emails: Send event-driven emails, including targeted e-commerce and personalized one-to-one messages.
Retargeting Ads: Target declining customers with targeted ads on Facebook, Instagram, or Google Ads to reengage the customer.
Postcards: Schedule a recurring postcard campaign to send our reminders, special offers, and more.